Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specializing in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
Uphold Europe Ltd is actively seeking a passionate Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable Representative to assist the European Finance Department with data input, payment scheduling and preparation of financial information across multiple territories. The Bookkeeper - A/P Assistant will work closely with the European Controller actively contributing in the establishment of a strong internal control environment, taking ownership of the assigned tasks and proposing improvements to processes. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize workload to ensure the highest value and best services are provided.
What You'll Be Doing Primarily:
- Manage the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable process, ensuring all invoices, credit notes and payments/receipts are processed and fully allocated on a timely basis.
- Managing the weekly payment run process, ensuring that all payments are completed on time and without error.
- Responsible for reviewing the Aged Debtors/Creditors Report, ensuring that aging is fully reconciled, payment terms are regularly checked and erroneous balances are resolved.
- Managing bank reconciliation ensuring that all transactions and inter-company are correctly allocated on a weekly basis.
- Supporting the monthly Balance sheet reconciliation to ensure that all the entries are recorded and classified properly.
- Supporting the month end closing process.
- Assist with audit requests.
- Assist with Vat and tax submissions.
- Supporting the Financial Controller in developing controls, processes & reporting.
- Supporting ad hoc tasks.
Required Qualifications and personal skills:
- "Qualified through experience" bookkeeper / AAT qualified, or Part Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA accountant.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel, Google Drive and generally strong IT skills.
- Vat experience a plus.
- Start—up/FinTech Experience is a plus
- Netsuite or similar software experience is a must.
- Portuguese or Lithuanian as second language is a plus but not required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritise multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and a team player.
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Hybrid working (3 days a week in the London office)
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
- Company catered lunches and snacks/drinks at our impressive office space in the heart of London’s West End!
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.