About Uphold & Optimus Cards
One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 7 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
Acquired in 2020, Optimus Cards is an FCA regulated entity and Principal Member of Mastercard, with offices in Brighton and Coleshill. We provide card and payment services to the Uphold group and other customers. Products include Debit and Credit cards, and the Company operates across the UK and will start issuing cards in the EEA early in 2022. As part of the Uphold family, we’re developing innovative payment products to support the “anything to anything” ethos, and will be building out our operations in Europe in the coming months.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you.
Optimus is looking for an IT Service Desk Engineer to join our UK based team, supporting both Optimus and Uphold. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for someone who loves technology and who aims to play a critical role in providing desktop support services for our employees and contractors, primarily in the UK, and, from time to time, around the world. The Company operates within PCIDSS and adheres to GDPR requirements.
This position offers unique opportunities and learning experiences while supporting a growing business with a talented technical team. This is an excellent position through which to build a successful technical career!
The role can be based in any of Coleshill, Brighton or London and there will be regular travel between all three offices and, in time, further afield.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Onboarding new employees and helping them throughout equipment setup based on our “Zero-touch enrolment” philosophy.
- Support a continuous improvement process for “zero touch enrolment”.
- Managing the lifecycle of user account management on multiple SaaS tools.
- Troubleshooting IT issues (both onsite and remotely) in a timely manner, implementing corrective procedures and/or escalating when needed.
- Receive, log, and prioritise all relevant incident/service request details, allocating categorization and prioritization codes.
- Provide first-line investigation and diagnosis.
- Resolve incidents/service requests when first contacted whenever possible.
- Escalate incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved within agreed timescales.
- Properly close all resolved incidents, requests and other calls and contribute to a knowledge base of common problems and suggested solutions.
- Communicate with users – keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Conduct customer/user satisfaction call-backs/surveys as agreed.
- Access Management - grant authorized users the right to use a service, while preventing access to non-authorized users; execute company’s Information Security policies, maintain an access register.
- Facilities Management (from the IT perspective) - includes all aspects of managing the physical IT environment, server rooms and recovery sites, for example power and cooling, building access management, and environmental monitoring. Maintain an up-to-date Asset Register. Install and maintain equipment on-premises, patching, installing updates and performing upgrades.
- Incident & Problem Management - implementation of the Incident Management process and reporting.
- Network and Service Operations - provide continuous monitoring of IT infrastructure and services: scheduling and monitoring backups, logs review, ensuring that scheduled jobs such as security scans are performed. Report performance in a clearly understandable format.
- Ensuring adherence to internal policies across different areas.
- Assisting with the design, documentation, training and writing of procedures.
- Working closely with other technical teams to ensure a streamlined experience across tools and technologies used by the organization.
- Assisting in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning to anticipate future computer hardware needs in close partnership with the IT Procurement team.
- Demonstrable technical experience in Apple hardware and software as well as PCs and Windows based servers.
- Experience in troubleshooting methodologies to achieve root cause analysis.
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive in making small decisions and taking initiative to create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Proven ability to multitask effectively and handle a fluctuating workload.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Positive outlook on life with a good sense of humour and an overall happy disposition.
Bonus if you have:
- ITIL certification
- Five or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux environments and Android operating systems.
- Experience with IT provisioning tools like Kandji, Jamf, MicroMDM and others.
- Experience with managing network equipment such as Smoothwall VPN
- Knowledge of an asset management tool.
- Great security posture (possibly having operated within a PCIDSS environment).
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting-edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment
- Open and transparent culture
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.