Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
This position can be remote or in one of our established Uphold offices.
Uphold is looking for a Manager of Strategic Projects to join our Compliance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to work with compliance senior leadership in developing, implementing and overseeing its growing compliance program.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Support the continued development and management of Uphold’s compliance program, with focus on developing and implementing frameworks, processes, policies, procedures, technologies, and controls to manage risk related to our digital assets exchange and payments business.
- Work directly with Compliance leadership to:
- Develop, review and manage Uphold’s compliance policies and procedures.
- Design compliance training programs to ensure that Uphold staff understand and can meet their compliance obligations.
- Help manage the delivery of Uphold’s strategic compliance plan by tracking progress, engaging with stakeholders across the Business, Engineering, Product, and Compliance.
- Develop and execute a testing program to ensure that processes are operating as intended.
- Analyze and synthesize legal and regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with Uphold’s executive leadership.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- At least 3 years of experience in consulting, financial services (particularly digital assets, FinTech firms), banking, or financial regulation.
- Basic knowledge / demonstrated familiarity with financial crimes compliance, custody and trust, securities law compliance, information security and operational resilience.
- Basic knowledge / demonstrated familiarity with digital assets services/technologies and mechanics, as well as risk and compliance.
- Experience with creative problem solving, and effecting change.
- Track record of working in an unstructured environment and helping leaders identify and develop innovative, practical solutions.
- Experience driving and executing day-to-day aspects of project-based work, including management of action plans, creation of deliverables and preparation of presents to senior leadership.
- Superior analytical, writing, and editing skills with the ability to construct well-founded, clear and concise analyses.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.