Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specializing in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
Uphold is looking for a Senior FinOps Analyst to join our Finance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to be responsible for recommending, implementing, and executing policies and programs to keep all recurring financial operations inline with company strategy while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to both your Finance and other business partners. You’ll be using existing tools and procedures to monitor and perform daily finance operations and participating in the ongoing initiatives to improve and automate the current technological stack.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Implement and improve existing processes to manage risk and liquidity.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate and financial processes are adjusted accordingly.
- Maintain databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Oversee and execute main procedures to complete all weekly and monthly financial close activities and reporting models.
- Work closely with Engineering to automate manual processes, ensure compliance with international regulations, and reduce overhead.
- Work with Compliance, Business and Product teams to provide the best possible service and support to customers.
- Oversee financial risk assessment processes.
- Advise development teams on financial setup for ongoing initiatives by performing essential due diligence on financial impact associated with platform changes.
- Create and maintain internal documentation on FinOps processes.
- Research and propose new approaches to work, new tools, and new best practices for the team.
- Support the team as required via on-call schedule rotation.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- 3-7 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Degree in mathematics, economics, engineering, or other quantitative fields.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting models and controls.
- Experience in working with data analysis and data models.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Solid knowledge of financial markets.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: clear communication, positive energy, continuous learning, and efficient execution.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Strong mathematical foundation.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies, blockchain technologies and other FinTech state-of-the-art platforms.
- In-depth knowledge of banking frameworks and payment methods.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting-edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee, and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.