Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today*, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com/en-us/.
Uphold is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator to join our People Operations team. We need a qualified and resourceful professional to support our human resources team ensuring efficient operations. If you are a people-person who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you to continue to build your HR career.
As a Human Resources Coordinator, you will manage both tactical and strategic planning responsibilities in addition to administrative tasks in every area of HR, including talent acquisition, employee lifecycle management, compensation and benefits and employee training. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources in the US.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Assist in the management of payroll and employee benefits, including bonuses, leaves, and absences administration.
- Work very closely and in tandem with the Director of Human Resources and all HR global partners on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Conduct and help organize employee onboarding; training and development initiatives.
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of HR.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resources programs including but not limited to onboarding, transfers and offboarding; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies.
- Gather and analyze data providing important HR metrics.
- Organize semi-annual employee performance reviews.
- Maintain employee files and records through internal HRIS.
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities.
- Ensure compliance with labor, state and federal regulations throughout the US.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in human resources preferably in the financial services or specifically the FinTech industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and creativity.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization HRIS and talent management systems.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Additional HR training or PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.