Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
Uphold is looking for a Developer Evangelist to join our Developer Relations team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you will get to engage with individuals and teams (like IMVU, the virtual social network, or Brave, the privacy browser) around the world building exciting new products using Uphold’s APIs.
You will work closely with our partners to understand their unique challenges, advocate for their technical needs internally, and foster new product features by contributing to code samples, demos, libraries and SDKs.
You will own the technical documentation for the suite of APIs offered by Uphold, pointing out the benefits and advantages of using certain features we offer in lieu of others.
You will become a spokesperson for Uphold, representing us in developer conferences and community meetups, and serve as a translator between our internal technical team and outside developers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Listening to what our partners need and helping them succeed on their API integrations with Uphold.
- Working with Uphold’s APIs to deliver the best possible developer experience.
- Writing and maintaining the open source documentation of Uphold’s APIs using standards like the OpenAPI Specification.
- Coding libraries, samples and creating guides to help onboard developers more quickly while following industry standard best practices.
- Producing content to educate developers on how to take full advantage of Uphold’s APIs (e.g. blog posts, video tutorials, podcasts, etc).
- Identifying our developer community needs and answering their questions by pointing them to existing resources or by creating new ones.
- Collaborating with internal technical teams to ensure a continuous API improvement process.
- Helping launch new products, including beta programs, by participating in quality assurance processes and ensuring technical documentation is up to date.
- Interacting with the Product Management, Product Design, Customer Service and Engineering teams to provide feedback from our partners.
- Attending conferences and developer events to promote the adoption of Uphold’s APIs.
- A passion for mentoring and helping others.
- You feel natural communicating with other developers.
- Spent quality time coding, learning the powerful idioms and important idiosyncrasies of multiple programming languages and their ecosystems.
- Strong understanding of web semantics such as REST principles.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who can put a plan into motion without much guidance.
- A developer-first mindset.
- A positive attitude, even in the most adverse conditions.
- Experience in engineering and software architecture design.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with the OpenAPI specification.
- Worked in a technical customer support role.
- Knowledge of documentation tools like Swagger or Slate.
- Experience in developing or integrating APIs for other products you’ve worked on.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
- Experience with GraphQL APIs, especially in regards to documenting them.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.