Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to focus on building and improving the many microservices powering our web and mobile applications for consumers and businesses. You will be designing and building services with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about cloud-based large-scale systems, high-availability requirements, scalability problems, automated workflows, infrastructure orchestration, and infrastructure as code, Uphold is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Working on a high profile and global platform operating in the fintech and cryptocurrency space.
- Driving and collaboratively delivering a fully automated infrastructure and development pipeline.
- Participating in deployments with strict availability requirements on a large scale environment and working together with other Engineers to ensure our systems meet current and future demand.
- Expanding our effort in writing our infrastructure as code using tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- Evolving our automation tasks into new territories.
- Working collaboratively with the Backend Engineering team to increase our resilience through insightful systems and application metrics.
- Improving our CI/CD pipeline to provide new integration vectors.
- Supporting the team as required via on-call schedule rotation.
- 5 plus years experience working in a DevOps role.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- Spent lots of quality time coding non-trivial scripts and automating tasks in order to automate yourself out of the job.
- Strong knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Strong knowledge of container technology (e.g. LXC, Docker) and orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.
- Understanding of infrastructure management as code.
- Knowledge of modern web development practices and other software development practices.
- Knowledge of the concepts behind immutable infrastructure.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with cloud-native edge or service proxies.
- Experience with relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL), non-relational databases (Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Experience with message queues (e.g. Kafka, NSQ, Pulsar or RabbitMQ).
- Experience working with CI systems such as Concourse, Travis CI, CircleCI, Codeship, GitLab CI or others.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery and Highly Available infrastructure patterns.
- An interest in security topics or proven record of security measures implemented on other products you’ve worked on.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.