Uphold’s technology enables individuals and businesses to save, exchange, spend and transfer over 75 currencies (FIAT & digital), commodities, equities, and more globally. The eWallet, reserve, payment and open API platform allows businesses and our +5 million users a secure way to transact anything to anything, almost anywhere. We integrate with the blockchain, interledger, ACH and SEPA to bridge new and old money systems. The platform enables instant peer-to-peer or QR payments and spending via the Uphold debit MasterCard - send or spend currencies, commodities, equities or any other asset we support in over 150 countries.
Uphold is looking for motivated individuals who want to help change financial services globally!
Uphold is looking for an API Director to join our Business Development team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll be in charge of the API platform's overall strategy, development, and day-to-day operation, powering our design space and cricut.com.
You will work closely with the stakeholders and your team to translate business goals and product requirements into highly scalable back-end engineering solutions. Our API is the fundamental pillar of Uphold Connect and strategic partnerships. We are looking for an exceptional technology and engineering leader with an intense passion for product architecture and innovation and a track record of building, leading and aligning teams that deliver results in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment.
This position can be located remotely in the US.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Collaborate with leadership and cross-functional teams to define and deliver strategic and tactical roadmap planning.
- Lead discussions on architectural best practices, advise on API best practices and architecture decisions.
- Evangelize engineering principles internally and externally.
- Focus on delivery, execution, and tactical engineering approach.
- Stay current with the latest and greatest technologies, tools, methodologies, and frameworks for software engineering and engineering management.
- Be as close as possible to each team architecture and code to provide adequate cross-system solutions to drive our business goals.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership for new deployments and the full software development lifecycle using DevOps methodologies.
- Drive towards an architecture that optimizes flexibility, re-use, scalability, performance, availability, and is highly cost-effective.
- Develop quick POC to prove out concepts.
- Participate in peer reviews in design, code, and tests.
- Pair program with engineers.
- Provide API architectural assessments, strategies, and gap analysis on current API documentation.
- Develop Proof-of-Concept projects to validate new architectures and solutions.
- Participate in collaborative business unit strategy / planning and the implementation of key aspects of the business unit’s plans.
- Lead discussions on architectural best practices, advise on cloud best practices.
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing a team or the desire to want to move into management.
- You've built highly scalable, highly reliable, and low-latency systems.
- Advanced understanding/exposure to overall API-Management concepts.
- Experience in defining overall API architecture, API implementations, integration and deployment.
- Strong expertise in API-Led Connectivity architecture.
- Strong expertise on all aspects of API life cycle including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience designing and implementing microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Experience architecting, developing and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred).
- Experience building high-scale performance and optimization tools and techniques.
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies.
- Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills.
- In-depth knowledge of concurrency, resiliency, and caching.
- Knowledge of agile quality and testing methods preferred (BDD, TDD, Unit Testing and Automation).
- Experience in continuous delivery and integration.
- Strong understanding of web security.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Fintech API experience or B2B API experience.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.