One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
We stand by the idea that ‘source code is a liability, not an asset’, so we do our best to keep things simple, readable and less complex to manage.
We work collaboratively with a shared code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes, and allowing everyone time to take the challenge they see fit.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our Engineering team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to focus on building and improving our web and mobile applications for consumers and businesses. You will be designing and building applications with three core principles in mind: maintainability, performance, and security.
If you are excited about UI Frameworks like React or Vue.js, GraphQL, E2E Testing, Progressive Web Apps and emerging patterns such as JAMStack, Uphold is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Building the most powerful and easy to use digital Wallet in the world.
- Delivering new features and enhancements to the platform across web and mobile.
- Working closely with the Backend Engineering team to integrate backend services.
- Collaborating with product managers, designers, engineers and other project stakeholders throughout the software development life cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support).
- Writing high quality code with performance and scalability in mind.
- Strong knowledge of frontend technologies and frameworks like React or Vue.js, React Native, Redux, GraphQL, Styled Components, and RESTful web services.
- Good understanding of the web platform, including DOM, CORS, browser data storage, script loading, request/response headers and others.
- Proficiency in modern CSS, including Flexbox and/or CSS Grid.
- Knowledge of revision control systems.
- Basic knowledge of standard development pipelines, including build and other automation tools.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Cognisant of performance fundamentals such as understanding the difference between layout, painting and compositing.
- Strong focus on project execution and delivery.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience in developing multi-language applications.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.