At Uphold, our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time.
This position will be located within the business unit and work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, Head of Business Development, Chief Compliance Officer, and other departments, as well as external business partners in reviewing business applications and their appropriateness for Uphold. This position will also be responsible for streamlining the onboarding processes for Businesses across the Globe and coordinating various tasks related to the maintenance and improvement in the due diligence platform.
- Develop a new business onboarding flow utilizing the latest best practices and technology
- Perform analysis on businesses, their customers, and their lines of business
- Engage with external vendors as needed to provide support to the business lines for the businesses onboarding program
- Work with the Compliance department to improve, streamline and optimize Uphold’s business onboarding through software and process improvement recommendations; including making recommendations on process improvements
- Identify, escalate, and provide recommendations on red flags to the compliance department for remediation and plans for future avoidance of these flags
- Identify training needs and provide training to employees on the due diligence process on a periodic basis
- Lead and/or participate in additional due diligence projects as needed.
- Stay abreast of new regulatory requirements and help roll out and integrate these into the company process
- Suggest ongoing enhancements to the database software and the due diligence process.
- BA/BS or equivalent number of years of professional experience
- 5+ years in compliance, AML, and global regulatory experience
- Broker dealer experience
- OFAC experience
- Experience with CDD rule in 5th pillar
- Experience working in a small to mid-sized with a focus on business customer onboarding
- Experience in fintech, cryptocurrency, FX or financial services space is a strongly preferred but not required
- Background in global due diligence
- Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Effective strategic vision, oral/written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven problem solving, decision making, analytical, and organizational skills
- Results oriented with the ability to lead and focus efforts of others towards specific outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, engage, and lead associates and teams collaboratively to implement change management initiatives under complex and demanding timelines
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company
Uphold is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.