One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
We are looking for an intelligent, self-motivated and personable Know Your Customer (KYC) professional in the early stages of their career. The ideal candidate is hungry and eager to apply their knowledge within our growing Business Due Diligence team. This is a unique opportunity to make a real impact in an exciting industry at a company with a global presence that is well-positioned for success. This position is remote and will report directly to Uphold’s Head of Due Diligence.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Perform all related tasks related to institutional customer on-boarding using Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhance Due Diligence (EDD) research efforts and strategies as well as sound judgment and decision-making.
- Liaise with senior management, Business Development, Legal, Compliance and Information Security teams in on-boarding of institutional customers in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the creation and framework of the KYC/Know Your Partner (KYP) program’s policies and procedures for current and future products and services.
- Assist with audits and inquiries from regulators and law enforcement, as needed.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- BA/BS or equivalent; advanced degree (MBA, JD) is a plus.
- CAMS, CFE or other relevant certification preferred.
- Fluent in English; bilingual fluency (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills, superior drafting skills (policies and procedures, reports and written correspondence) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of financial services industry regulatory compliance (or other relevant experience) with a focus on KYC, preferably in a bank, credit union, money transmitter or high-growth FinTech company.
- Must have a working knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act on-boarding requirements and FinCEN Customer Identification Program (CIP) Guidance, to include CDD, EDD, and verification of a customer’s identity using documentary and non-documentary methods.
- Familiarity with screening database(s) (i.e., World Check, LexisNexis, etc.), MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Able to multi-task with some degree of flexibility based on priority of work assignments.
- Track record of success and results.
- Must have a happy disposition and great attitude; be a self-starter and work well within a team.
- Cryptocurrency Monitoring experience is a plus.
- Advanced understanding of Google Apps.
- Knowledge in risk typologies and AML/CFT red flag indicators.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.