IT Service Desk Support
Uphold is an easy-to-use investments and payments app. Specialising in digital assets, we serve more than 7 million customers in 150 countries. We open around 15,000 accounts a day and provide consumers with a more versatile and cost-effective home for their daily financial lives. For businesses, we provide regulated infrastructure to connect crypto with fiat currencies. Today, we support 51 digital assets, 28 national currencies, four precious metals and fractional U.S. equities.
Uphold’s unique trading experience - ‘Anything-to-Anything’ - allows customers to trade directly between any supported asset or currency in one step - physical gold to Bitcoin, for example - saving both time and money. Uphold supports financial inclusion by enabling customers virtually anywhere to open an account in less than 5 minutes and to invest with no minimum amounts. Customers can send money to virtually anyone with an email address free of charge.
To learn more, please visit https://uphold.com/en-us/
Uphold is looking for an IT Service Desk Support person to join our IT Team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for someone who loves technology and that aims to play an important role in streamlining internal processes for our employees and contractors around the world.
This position offers unique opportunities and learning experiences while supporting a talented technical team. This is an excellent position to launch a successful technical career!
If you are interested in learning more about “Zero-touch enrollments”, this role is for you.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Onboarding new employees and helping them throughout equipment setup to ensure a continuous improvement process of our “Zero-touch enrollment” philosophy.
- Managing the lifecycle of user account management on multiple SaaS tools.
- Troubleshooting IT issues (both onsite and remotely) in a timely manner, implementing corrective procedures and/or escalating when needed.
- Contributing to a knowledge base of common problems and suggested solutions.
- Ensuring adherence to internal policies across different areas.
- Assisting with the design, documentation, training and writing of procedures.
- Working closely with other technical teams to ensure a streamlined experience across tools and technologies used by the organization.
- Assisting in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning to anticipate future computer hardware needs in close partnership with the IT Procurement team.
- Demonstrable technical experience in Apple hardware and software.
- Experience in troubleshooting methodologies to achieve root cause analysis.
- Experience with ticketing systems like Jira.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proactive in making small decisions and taking initiative to create a positive experience for others.
- Ability to prioritize given tasks and work efficiently towards completing them.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter who works well independently.
- Proven ability to multitask effectively and handle fluctuating workload.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
- Positive outlook on life with a good sense of humor and an overall happy disposition.
Bonus if you have:
- Two or more years of related experience with computers and providing customer service in a technological environment.
- Experience troubleshooting Linux environments and Android operating systems.
- Experience with IT provisioning tools like Kandji, Jamf, MicroMDM and others.
- Experience with managing network equipment (e.g. you’ve built or managed a corporate network before or, alternatively, you’ve built a semi-profissional network at home).
- Knowledge of an asset management tool.
- Great security posture.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.