One of the fastest growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley company today has more than 2 million customers in over 150 countries with an impressive 50x increase in Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between the old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 currencies, cryptocurrencies, precious metals and equities instantly. An engineering-led company with a social inclusion agenda, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
We stand by the idea that ‘source code is a liability, not an asset’, so we do our best to keep things simple, readable and less complex to manage.
We work collaboratively with a shared code ownership mindset to design and implement complex technical projects, balancing speed with quality, learning from our past mistakes, and allowing everyone time to take the challenge they see fit.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Data team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to join a team of engineers, scientists, and analysts that are passionate about data and technology with a great sense of collaboration and responsibility.
As a key member of the Data Team, you will be responsible for helping to maintain and evolve data systems and pipelines that allow data-driven analytics & insights, as well as developing and performing analysis that enables our company to optimize business processes, empower financial decisions, and drive the product roadmap.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Exploring and interpreting complex data sets and analyzing results, being able to identify and interpret useful trends or patterns.
- Translating business questions and objectives into concrete metrics and KPIs.
- Conducting in-depth data explorations and analysis used by leadership as well as by the marketing, business development, and financial teams to enhance targeting, increase revenue, and allocate resources more efficiently.
- Helping data engineers on the design, implementation, and maintenance of ELT/ETL data pipelines.
- Automating processes for gathering and exposing internal data to stakeholders.
- Collaborating with data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in advanced analytical models.
- Designing and implementing tools, dashboards, and reports that feed on data to support multiple business needs.
- Contributing to the definition of overarching processes and practices across the Data Team and the rest of the company.
- Evangelizing and proving the value of data and of a data-driven culture to Uphold multiple business units.
- Communicating results clearly, concisely, and assertively, either orally or via well-documented dashboards, visualizations, and reports.
- Guaranteeing data quality both on live systems as well as offline datasets.
- Degree, preferred in engineering, computer science, or information systems.
- Good knowledge of probability and statistics.
- Experience working with BI/dashboarding tools such as Looker, Metabase, Tableau, PowerBI, SiSense.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Python.
- Experience working with a data warehouse / data lake environment and leveraging data within distributed systems in a cloud-based environment.
- Strong knowledge, understanding, and experience modeling data on relational and non-relational databases.
- Good analytical, programming, debugging, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Creativity, curiosity, and a growth mindset.
- Team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
Bonus if you have:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open-source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee, and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities, including other data related positions.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.