One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Director of Accounting & Finance - Europe to join our Finance and Accounting team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to support Uphold’s financial staff in all financial matters by working with the CFO and VP, Accounting to set up control systems and manage company financial records. You will work to ensure that the company’s accounting and financial processes are in legal compliance and in accordance with best accounting practices in the UK.
What you’ll be doing primarily (as it relates to UK & other countries in Europe):
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements and reports.
- Responsible for all general ledger accounting, including the design of the accounting processes and the execution of the tasks during the financial close, including (but not limited to):
- timely and accurate financial reporting to each business and to US;
- ensuring internal financial controls meet Corporate minimum control standards;
- ensuring corporate accounting policies & procedures are adhered to;
- management of internal and external audit processes (incl. quarterly reviews & year end UK & US GAAP audits, statutory audits and SOX compliance);
- Coordinate audits and compliance with accounting policies.
- Ensuring reporting requirements to regulatory agencies, including UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are complied with.
- Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Assisting with the development and evaluation of budgets and preparing budget reports.
- Supporting the formulation and implementation of control systems within the organization.
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll, identifying discrepancies and reconciling accounts.
- Supporting the accounting department with all aspects of the GL.
- Ensuring strict adherence to company and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing and managing accounts using various software programs.
- Preparing and assisting with audits and tax reporting.
- Following changes in regulations and compiling reports regarding compliance issues, standards, and accounting practices.
- Qualified accountant, preferably UK ACA or US CPA.
- Strong knowledge of UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Previous experience as an accountant, assistant controller, or similar position.
- Professional certification preferred.
- Excellent understanding of UK GAAP, US GAAP & IFRS and relevant financial accounting regulations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of accounting software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent math and accounting skills.
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Fluent written and oral English skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.