At Uphold, our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time.
The Operation Compliance Manager will be responsible for enforcing internal procedures as they relate to Uphold Compliance. This includes ensuring internal processes comply with all written supervisory procedures as set by the Compliance Team. He/She will need to work directly with the policy team and end business units to ensure all procedures are being followed.
- Managing day-to-day compliance operations.
- Optimizing operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
- Assisting with the implementation of new processes and procedures in the Compliance department.
- Identifying ways to improve customer experiences.
- Coming up with effective strategies to enhance the organization's financial health
- Evaluating the founding principles of our organization, its current state, and the market to inform our vision
- Hosting regular meetings with the compliance team and executive staff to discuss plans and address concerns.
- Strategic thinking, honesty, and ethics in business dealings
- Executing strategies to optimize company and customer growth.
- Ensuring expertise and effectiveness across operating platforms.
- A strategic thinker.
- Improving business functionality to align with core business objectives.
- Solid understanding of compliance and risk.
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills
- Suggest procedure changes if necessary.
What You Need to Have
- College graduate and/or 5+ years’ experience in financial services
- Experience in operations
- Knowledge of the USA PATRIOT Act and underlying BSA/AML laws, rules, and regulations
- Strong familiarity with financial regulations
- Experience interacting with executive staff
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Bonus if you Have
- FinTech experience
- Experience with Atlassian software
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a regular basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.