One of the fastest-growing fintech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you. Apply here!
Uphold is looking for a Testing and Monitoring Policy Officer, Consumer to join our US Compliance team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll be responsible for testing and monitoring as it relates to our consumer base.
This position will be located remotely in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NY, RI, and VA.
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Conduct testing of our consumer client accounts utilizing a risk-based approach.
- Requesting and reviewing documents, coordinating and conducting interviews with relevant partners, including the business.
- Working with the policy and procedure team to develop a testing program
- Performing testing, documenting results, and drafting reports based on the results.
- Identifying control gaps and weaknesses, determining root cause, and proposing commercially viable solutions to mitigate risk.
- Taking ownership of specific compliance reviews, tracking issues, and ensuring remediation in a timely manner.
- Communicating review results clearly and succinctly with senior management.
- Reviewing existing testing procedures and suggesting process improvements as necessary.
- Working independently while establishing solid relationships within the business.
- Escalating high risk, repeat, or suspicious findings to your manager for further investigation
- Working with your manager, proactively identify, escalate, and propose solutions to any issues and weaknesses in business processes, systems
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of Compliance, Regulatory, Audit, or Consulting/Advisory experience within a bank, investment adviser, broker dealer, federal agency, or financial services/consulting firm, including experience with institutional products
- Detailed knowledge of Investment Advisers Act, NFA, CFTC, Investment Company Act, ERISA, and broker-dealer regulation
- Excellent critical thinking skills focused on the effective challenge of business and compliance controls and procedures
- Proven ability to lead and execute short and long term projects and tasks while delivering high quality, accurate work products on time
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently with little direction or oversight
- Ability to identify control weaknesses and craft corrective measures
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Active engagement in the development and execution of effective monitoring and testing programs
Bonus if you have:
- Master’s Degree / J.D.
- FINRA licenses
- Credentials for one or more designations highly competitive: CRCM, CFE, CFCS, while BAM Certified Professional a bonus
- Work experience at a major financial institution/global financial services firm is a plus!
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge in Regulatory Compliance FFIEC requirements
- Knowledge of the USA PATRIOT Act and underlying BSA/AML laws, rules, and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Proficient in consumer bank regulatory compliance matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a regular basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
If this job isn’t exactly what you are looking for, visit our careers page to check out all our exciting opportunities.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us stronger and better - together.