At Uphold, our mission is to create trusted access to digital money and financial services for the many. Since inception, we have fought to provide a fairer, easier and more affordable system. We favor speed, simplicity and ease of use over complexity. We put security and transparency first. Our commitment to transparency sets a new standard for the industry. Unlike banks, we are fully reserved, and transparent: we hold assets to match our obligations and publish both in real time.
The Consumer Compliance Policy Officer, US will be responsible for updating and maintaining policies and procedures as they relate to Uphold’s consumer base. This includes ensuring internal procedures comply with all rules and regulations as they apply to Uphold’s business. He/She will need to work directly with the testing team to ensure all policies are scalable for the business.
This position will be located remotely in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NY, RI, and VA.
- Regular reviews of current policies and procedures to ensure they are in line with business needs
- Review program procedures and policies and recommend changes that increase efficiency and productivity.
- Keeping up to date with regulation changes and updating policies as applicable to the business
- Develop policy interpretations of new regulatory requirements.
- Monitor the regulatory landscape and provide business leaders with proactive identification of the direction of regulatory changes.
- Maintain library of consumer compliance policies
- Work with multiple teams to deliver policy updates and trainings
- Ensure policies are executable
- Communicates policy changes to all Uphold employees
What You Need to Have
- College graduate and/or 5+ years’ experience as a financial institution Compliance and/or BSA/OFAC professional
- Experience with interpreting regulations
- Experience drafting policies and procedures
- Experience interacting with regulatory authorities
- Ability to multitask
- Adept at translating regulations into “plain English”
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Project management skills
Bonus if you Have
- Master’s Degree
- FINRA licenses
- Credentials for one or more designations highly competitive: CRCM, CFE, CFCS, while BAM Certified Professional a bonus
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge in Regulatory Compliance FFIEC requirements
- Knowledge of the USA PATRIOT Act and underlying BSA/AML laws, rules, and regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.)
- Proficient in consumer bank regulatory compliance matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.