One of the fastest-growing fin-tech companies, Uphold is pursuing a mission to democratise investments and payments for people and companies worldwide. Founded in 2014, the Silicon Valley firm today has more than 3 million customers in over 150 countries and has enjoyed more than 2MM Mobile App downloads during the first quarter of 2020. A bridge between old and new money systems, Uphold allows people to buy, exchange and send more than 100 cryptocurrencies, precious metals, equities, and currencies instantly. An engineering-led company, Uphold provides a stimulating and challenging home for the brightest and best coding talent.
If you’re a Rockstar and this sounds interesting and challenging, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Engineering team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity where you’ll get to implement, support, maintain, and manage a global device fleet. You will provide advanced technical support for desktop, server, and networking issues and ensure all IT services are properly maintained and upgraded. You will become the subject matter expert for both hardware and software and train staff on correct operating procedures.
The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of our systems so updates and other maintenance tasks don’t get in the way of daily operations. We’re interested in automating as many of our processes as possible to reduce the potential for human error.
If you are excited about next-generation device management, zero-touch device deployments, automated tooling and elegant security, Uphold is the place for you!
What you’ll be doing primarily:
- Managing a global fleet of Apple devices using next-generation device management systems for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS.
- Ensuring reliable, zero-touch deployments for all our employees across the globe.
- Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines.
- Install, configure, and test operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Working closely with the Engineering team to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Staying up to date with latest technology and best practices.
- Ensuring our systems are properly up-to-date.
- Planning and implementing system automation as required for better efficiency.
- Conducting research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Producing technical documentation, procedures and troubleshooting flows related to systems/networks software and hardware.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Strong understanding of best practices regarding system security measures.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex software and hardware issues.
- Passion to get at the core of any problem and not being satisfied with peripheral answers.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Analytical mindset and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player with the ability to work in cross-functional teams, and with a great attitude.
- Fluent written and oral English skills, multi-lingual preferred.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Managed a fleet of more than 100 Apple devices in a fully automated, non-interactive fashion.
- Experience in Apple Business Manager, Apple MDM framework and VPP.
- Experience with MDM providers like JAMF, Fleetsmith, Kandji and other similar providers.
- Actively participated in the MacAdmins community.
- Experience with system tools like munki, autopkg, osquery, Google Santa and similar tools.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Automated or implemented remediation controls for CIS compliance.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- An interest in security topics or proven record of security measures implemented on other products you’ve worked on.
- Fluency in cryptocurrencies or other digital assets as they are core to our business.
- Community talks, certifications, and/or blog posts on your interests and research.
- Open source project contributions of any kind, such as tools developed to solve specific problems you’ve had or fixing issues on existing projects.
Importantly, if you’re looking for a senior role with us, you will have achieved many of the things above while also providing mentorship to others, and have engaged in public speaking opportunities.
What we have to offer you:
- An amazing work environment in a company that continues to grow, driven by extraordinary and passionate people that keep up innovating and challenging more each day.
- An international team, in a cutting edge field, working on the most fascinating projects.
- Growth and career opportunities, and the chance to be proactive and creative.
- A flexible and enthusiastic work environment that offers you snacks, a lot of coffee and other great benefits.
- Open and transparent culture - we get together on a weekly basis to share updates, strategic plans, and engage with each other informally over food and drinks.
- Interesting events that keep you connected with the team and celebrate our success.
Be part of a great company that is revolutionizing the financial services. Apply now!
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, and any other protected classes. Difference makes us better.